- 20 ug / Standard (DNA1018-STAN) $ 1,250
- 20 ug / Academic (DNA1018) $ 1,250
- Name of plasmid: pLV-SFFV-rat NIS-Puro
- Description: pHR' SIN-SFFV-rNIS-IRES-Puro plasmid DNA
- Amount of DNA: 20 ug
- Promoter: SFFV spleen focus forming virus promoter for high constitutive gene expression in numerous cell types. Unlike the CMV promoter, SFFV works very well in human, rodent, and other animal cells.
- Transgenes: Rat sodium iodide sumporter (rNIS) and puromycin resistance (Puro)
- Linker: IRES
- Proposed Use: For generation of lentiviral vector stocks encoding rat NIS and puromycin resistance in a triple transfection protocol.
Transgene Validation: HeLaH1 cells were transduced with LV-rNIS-Puro and selected with puromycin. NIS mediated 125I uptake was assayed in the presence or absence of KClO4, a competitive inhibitor of iodine uptake.